Prep time: 13-15 minutes
Cooking time: 6 minutes
- 4 spring onions
- 1 garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 pineapple rings, cubed
- 300g cod portion, skinned
- 1 x 15ml spoon oil
- 1 can bamboo shoots (225g), drained
For the sauce:
- 1 x 15ml spoon light soy sauce
- 1 x 15ml spoon tomato sauce
- 1 x 5ml spoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 mango, mashed
- 1 x 5ml spoon cornflour
- 1 x 5ml spoon water
Measuring spoons, masher, bowl, chopping boards, knife, garlic crusher, wok or large frying pan and wooden spoon.
1. Make the sauce: mash the mango and mix with all the sauce ingredients.
2. Prepare the ingredients:
- peel and chop the onions;
- peel and chop the garlic;
- peel and cut the carrot into thin strips;
- slice the pepper;
- cut the pineapple into chunks;
- cube the cod
3. Fry the spring onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
4. Add the cod, pepper, bamboo shoots and carrots and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until the vegetable are soft.
5. Stir in the sauce and the pineapple, cook for 1 minute until hot.
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish