Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- 4 x 170g skinless hake portions (thicker fillets are preferable)
- 1tbsp olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped into small chunks
- 125g reduced-fat feta cheese
- Zest and juice 1 large lemon
- Good pinch of dried mixed herbs
- Large bag mixed leaves
You will need a shallow baking dish. Preheat your oven to 200ºC/ 400ºF/ Gas Mark 6
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/fan 180ºC/gas 6 and lightly oil a large baking dish.
- Place the hake portions in the dish, leaving a good space in between each.
- Brush a little of the olive oil over each fillet then spread the chopped tomatoes over each one. Season with a little freshly ground black pepper and sprinkle over some dried herbs.
- Crumble the feta cheese over the fillets, sprinkle the lemon zest over the feta then finish off with a light squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 25 min, until the fish is cooked through and the feta is soft and a little golden. Serve immediately with the mixed leaves.
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish