Prep time: 16-20 minutes
Cooking time: 16-20 minutes
- 4 chunky cod or haddock portions
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 200g breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- oil for baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Slice the cod or haddock into about four slices, about 1.5cm thick.
- Season the flour. Coat each piece of fish in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Bake in the oven on a lightly oiled baking tray for 15 minutes or until golden, turning once. Meanwhile cook the chips and veg.
- Serve the fish with the vegetables on the side.
- oven chips
- tomato ketchup (decent)
- frozen peas or green veg
Recipe courtesy of Fish is the Dish