- 2 salmon portions, cut into chunks
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce, plus extra for topping
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 limes, sliced
Place the salmon chunks in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, then cover with the sweet chili sauce, tossing well to coat. Take the chunks and skewer them with about 3 or 4 pieces of green onion in between (I did 4 to 5 salmon chunks per skewer), beginning and ending with the salmon. You can toss with a little more chili sauce if desired.
Heat the BBQ and brush with the coconut oil. Place the skewers onto the BBQ and cook until opaque and golden on all sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove the salmon and place it on a plate. Drizzle it with the toasted sesame oil and cover with the coriander and sesame seeds. Finish with a spritz of lime. Serve with lime wedges and extra chili sauce.