- 225g sushi grade fresh tuna
- 1 carrot, shredded or julienned
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger paste
- 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced shallot
- 250g pack ready-to-eat brown basmati and wild rice
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- ½ small avocado, stone removed and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp mixed sesame seeds, to garnish
- Place the carrots in a jar. Whisk together the sugar, ginger paste and vinegar and add to the jar. Shake and refrigerate for 1 hour to quickly pickle the carrots.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna neatly into 3cm cubes. Place in a non-metallic bowl. Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and shallots and stir to combine. Refrigerate while you prepare other ingredients.
- Divide the rice between 2 bowls. Scoop the tuna on top and serve with the carrots, spring onions, radishes and avocado, sprinkled with the sesame seeds.