- 850g (1lb 14oz) sweet potatoes
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 2 tbsp plain flour seasoned with ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 sea bass fillets, halved
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- 2tbsp fresh snipped chives
- Lemon wedges and fresh chives, to garnish
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into evenly sized chunks. Place in a pan and just cover them with cold water. Boil for 10-15 mins until tender. Drain well and then add 15g (½ oz) of the butter. Mash until smooth and season to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Place the seasoned flour on a large plate. Dip each piece of fillet in the flour to coat. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the fillets, making sure you fry them skin side down first, for 2-3 mins on each side until just golden. Remove from the pan, cover and keep warm.
- Wipe the pan then add the rest of the butter and heat until foaming. Add the lemon juice and snipped chives and heat through. Serve the sea bass on the bed of mash with the butter spooned over. Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh snipped chives.