2 tbsp Flour
2 portions Gurnard
1 tsp oil
1 tsp butter
salt and freshly groung pepper
2 Spring Onions
1 Red Peooer
1/4 cup fresh Coriander
1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce
Olive Oil to taste
1 lime or lemon
Roast red pepper salsa
- On the barbecue, stovetop or in a hot oven (180C) blacken the skin of the pepper.
- Remove and place in a plastic bag. Close bag to steam pepper and leave to cool.
- Peel and pour off any juices back into the bowl. Slice the pepper in half and remove the seeds, then slice in long strips.
- Add the spring onion and coriander to the bowl, add the fish sauce and pour over enough olive oil to give the mixture a good sheen without making it too runny.
- Squeeze over the fresh lime or lemon juice.
- Wash the fish under running water. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Dredge lightly in flour if you wish, the fish can be cooked without flour and is just as delicious.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add about 1 tsp each of oil and butter.
- Carefully place the fish in the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn, season with salt and squeeze over a splash of lemon juice. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Remove fish on to warm serving plates.
- Add the red pepper salsa (recipe below) to the fish juices and butter/oil in the frying pan and warm the
salsa for 2 minutes. Pour on to the fish and season with freshly ground black pepper.