- 4x Mourne Fishbox Salmon fillets
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- oil for brushing the barbecue bars or griddle
- lime wedges, to serve
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and cut into thin strips
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 100g fat-free Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 handful parsley leaves, picked raw beetroot, trimmed, peeled and grated
Brush the salmon fillets with the olive oil, sprinkle over the jerk seasoning and gently rub into the salmon. Season to taste. Cover and chill to marinade while you prepare the slaw.
To make the slaw, put the mango, cabbage, fennel, spring onions and carrot into a large bowl and toss well to mix. Combine the yogurt with the mustard, season to taste, and then stir through the slaw.
Brush the bars of a preheated barbecue or griddle with oil. Cook the salmon over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes each side until just cooked through.
Toss the beetroot and parsley through the slaw and serve with the salmon and lime wedges.
A recipe packed with tropical notes around the mango and lime with spicy elements in the jerk seasoning and mustard.
A great wine to pair with this dish would be Sepp Moser Gruner Veltliner Von den Terrassen from the Kremstal region of Austria.
Gruner Veltliner as a variety typically has a white pepper note on the finish and this version is quite richly textured and fuller bodied with ripe stone fruit flavours and a delicious citrus and mineral finish.