750 g haddock fillet (skinless)
1 cup seasoned flour
2 eggs – beaten
2 cup fresh Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Zest of 1 lemon
3 sprigs flat leaf parsley – chopped
Salt and pepper
Cooking oil for deep frying
- Cut the fish into bite-sized cubes and keep to one side.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, lemon zest, parsley and seasoning.
- Coat the fish cubes with the seasoned flour and egg and then dip into the breadcrumb mixture, coating well.
- Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil until hot and deep-fry the goujons for about 4 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Place on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.